CeeLo Green, one of the original judges on "The Voice," has announced he's calling it quits.
"I'm not coming back guys."
"Oh you're not coming back at all?"
"I'm not coming back at all."
"I did not know that." (Via Warner Bros. / "The Ellen Degeneres Show")
And neither did we. CeeLo's announcement on "Ellen" Wednesday is the first we're hearing of his departure after five seasons with the show. Maybe he forgot this was a big deal?
"You're gonna be amazing at ..."
"I didn't meant to drop the bomb today."
CeeLo released a more formal goodbye to Us Weekly Wednesday after "Ellen," which read: "'The Voice' has been an immensely enjoyable experience for me ... I will not go quietly into the night... expect more great music and entertainment done in my own unique unmistakable and undeniable way."
Though CeeLo won't be returning to the NBC's "The Voice," he will be returning to the network. He told Ellen he has a development deal with the network for a new show.
But he won't be returning to "The Voice," or TV at all, for that matter, if he's in jail.
"Singer CeeLo Green charged with allegedly slipping ecstasy to a woman he was apparently dining with in L.A. last year." (Via CNN)
CeeLo was not charged with rape because prosecutors said there was insufficient evidence, but he does face a felony drug charge which has not yet been resolved. (Via ABC)
But CeeLo says he feels confident about the case. "It's becoming more and more favorable everyday. ... the darkest part is over." (Via TMZ)
Green says he also has an album on the way. Season six of "The Voice" will begin in February with original judges Blake Shelton and Adam Levine, as well as Usher and Shakira.