Multiple news outlets have stopped airing an immigration-related advertisement from President Donald Trump's re-election campaign after it was widely criticized as racist.
NBC and Fox News announced Monday they will no longer play the ad, which ties migrants fleeing violence in Central America to Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant convicted of killing two California sheriff's deputies in 2014.
Facebook soon followed suit, saying the ad violates its advertising policy against sensational content. The company did point out it will still allow people to post the ad themselves.
CNN said over the weekend the network "made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist" and refused to run it at all.
Trump received major backlash after tweeting a longer version of the ad last week. And critics were quick to denounce the shorter version after NBC aired it during its Sunday Night Football broadcast.
When asked about the controversial ad Monday, Trump told reporters, "A lot of things are offensive. Your questions are offensive, a lot of times."