Jamal Khashoggi's eldest son has reportedly arrived in the U.S. after he and his family were allowed to leave Saudi Arabia on Thursday.
Earlier reports had indicated that Salah Khashoggi, who holds dual Saudi-U.S. citizenship, had been under a Saudi-imposed travel ban. The State Department said Thursday Secretary of State Mike Pompeo brought up the ban in his meetings with Saudi leaders earlier this month.
Salah Khashoggi's departure comes just days after he met with Saudi King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The 18 people Saudi authorities detained in connection to his father's killing include members of the crown prince's security detail.
Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor has announced Turkish officials suspect the elder Khashoggi's death was planned ahead of time. The prosecutor said in a statement to local media Thursday the suspects in the killing "committed their act with a premeditated intention."
Saudi Arabia initially denied any involvement when the journalist went missing earlier this month. But later, authorities said he was involved in a fight at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul that eventually led to his death.
On Tuesday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said his country has information that the Saudi government "planned" and "executed" Khashoggi. He didn't say exactly what that information was.
Additional reporting from Newsy affiliate CNN.