An Ohio couple is in trouble with the law after they reportedly gave back their 9-year-old adopted son to child services.
Last month, Cleveland and Lisa Cox returned the boy they've raised since infancy because they said he was growing out of control. (Via WOIO)
Journal-News reports the boy allegedly threatened to kill everyone in the family with a knife back in August — that's according to a sheriff's report.
But now, a local prosecutor has moved forward with criminal charges in the case saying the parents had no reason to abandon their son even though WJW-TV reports neighbors said the boy was a "bad seed."
"I said, return a child? What are you talking about? Is there a return to sender stamp on these children? They remarked, no, but in the past that's the way it has been done. I said, not anymore. We're not doing that."
The couple was indicted Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge. Police went to the couple's home to arrest them Thursday, but they were nowhere to be found. (Via KABC)
After media outlets reported the husband and wife might have been on the run with their two other kids, they ended up turning themselves in Friday night. (Via WEWS)
The Coxes were released on bond shortly after turning themselves in. They are due in court Nov. 27. If convicted, the couple could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.