Judge denies Trump's new trial request in Carroll sex abuse case
Trump's legal team argues that the amount originally awarded to writer E. Jean Carroll was excessive.LEARN MORE
Former President Donald Trump's attorneys filed the request following their client's 34-count indictment for falsifying New York business records.
A judge ruled on Wednesday that former President Donald Trump's hush-money case will not be moved to federal court.
Trump's attorneys filed the request following their client's 34-count indictment for falsifying New York business records in an effort to conceal potentially damaging information ahead of the 2016 presidential election.
The attorneys argued that the case should be moved from state court to federal court because some of the alleged actions took place while he was already president.
However, District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein said, "Trump has failed to show that the conduct charged by the Indictment is for or relating to any act performed by or for the President."
A trial date in the case has not been set, but Trump is due for an in-person hearing in December.
This is not the only criminal case Trump is facing. He's also been federally charged in the mishandling of classified documents case in Florida.
Additionally, Trump revealed on Tuesday that he was notified that he is the target of an investigation into the events of January 6, 2021, when a group of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. The former president said the target letter means he will likely be indicted.
In every criminal case, Trump has maintained his innocence and claimed he is being subjected to a political "witch hunt."
Twitter was served a warrant earlier this year as part of the investigation into Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.
Trump has sought to delay his other criminal cases as he aims for a 2024 White House comeback.
Mark Meadows' argument to move his Fulton County case to federal court was denied, marking a big early win for the county's district attorney.
The office, created by executive order, will implement executive actions that have been laid out to reduce gun violence.
The 23-year-old Black man died after being put in a neck hold by officers and injected by paramedics with a powerful sedative.
Elon Musk says his brain implant device company Neuralink is ready for human trials, but a report says test monkeys died in the animal trials.