Chipotle getting robotic with making bowls, salads
Chipotle said robots and humans will work together at the Chipotle Cultivate Center in California to prepare entrees ordered online.LEARN MORE
The best city for foodies isn't Los Angeles or New York, but it's a place popular with tourists, according to a new ranking.
Earlier this month, WalletHub ranked 182 U.S. cities to choose the best foodie city in America. The ranking named Orlando, Florida, as the top foodie city in America.
According to WalletHub, 30% of the ranking was based on the affordability of food in a particular city, while the other 70% was devoted to the diversity, accessibility and quality of food.
Factors in the ranking include the number of full-service restaurants per capita and the number of ice cream shops per capita, which helped cities with large tourist economies. Orlando, Las Vegas, Miami, San Francisco and Los Angeles all ranked in the top five for restaurants per capita.
When only factoring in a city's diversity, accessibility and quality of food, Miami ranked No. 1, followed by San Francisco, Orlando, Seattle and Portland, Oregon.
When only factoring in a city's affordability of food, Laredo, Texas, ranked No. 1, followed by Corpus Christi, Texas; Amarillo, Texas; Salem, Oregon; and Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Agnes DeFranco, professor at the University of Houston, said there are five factors she considers when evaluating the best cities for your wallet for foodies: offering a variety of restaurants, offering a variety of price points, supporting local and regional sources, organizing and hosting food festivals of different cultures, and having a vibrant food community.
DeFranco noted that inflation, technology, the pandemic and a desire for a wider variety of foods have changed Americans' dining habits.
"While comfortable foods always bring back childhood memories, consumers are also more ready to try new foods," she said. "Not only is the demand for ethnic food on the rise, fusion cuisine is even more welcome. Instead of Mexican tacos and Italian pizzas, try the new mashed pair — Taco Pizzas."
Here is the list of top foodie cities, according to WalletHub:
1) Orlando, Florida
2) Portland, Oregon
3) Sacramento, California
5) San Francisco
6) Tampa, Florida
7) San Diego
8) Las Vegas
9) Austin, Texas
The new restaurant appears to be nearing completion outside of a major city, but McDonald's has not said much about the new concept.
The company said the gas oven ranges can cause serious injury or death by emitting dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
As you're preparing food for your loved ones, there are a few tips you need to know to make sure no one get sick.
Several African leaders noted their continent's rainforests helped gobble up excess carbon dioxide in the air from other countries.
Fire officials said a security guard who tried to stop the person was burned on his wrist and leg as well.
Three students, all age 20, have been attending colleges in the eastern U.S., and were out for a walk when a man approached them and shot them.